Evening in Tres Piedras

Evening in Tres Piedras

Fall is arriving.  The clouds have changed--more lenticulars.  The monsoon storms have mostly died out; no more afternoon rains.  Whatever water is in the cisterns will have to last until the first snows begin to replenish them.  Morning walks now require a long sleeve shirt.  My boots have come out from under the bed, I've become reacquainted with socks. The chamisa bushes have mostly completed their flowering.  My sinuses are thankful.  I haven't seen a hummingbird for several days.  In Taos yesterday, I saw that the leaves on the trees that line the acequias have begun to turn.

The final closing date for our Maine house is set for Monday.  It will be the end of a stage of our lives.  Meanwhile we're in conversation about purchasing the house we're currently renting here in New Mexico. 

Comments

Popular Posts