You, Too, Can

There's too much of this: 

Person 1: 
I started a business on my blog that makes a lot of money.
You, too, can start a business on your blog that makes a lot of money.

Person 2:
Sounds cool! What's your blog about? 

Person 1:
How to make a lot of money by starting a business on your blog! Here, sign up for my online course and buy my e-book:  Ten Tips on How to Make Money on Your Blog.  
 
Person 2:
Awesome!   Sign me up! 


There's a lot of this, a variation of sorts, in the rv blog world:

Hey, buy my e-book:  How You Can Afford to Live on the Road (authored by someone who makes their money by telling you how to make money while living on the road). 

And there's this:

Hey, everyone, I'm brand new at doing x!  Before I started doing it, I branded myself, my boyfriend, my dog and our rv!  We came up with a funky catchphrase that we'll use as our blog name and that we'll paint on our rv.  We've got t-shirts with a cartoon of our rv on them and corporate sponsors! All of you who've been doing x for years:  Pay attention to us!  Read our stuff about doing x, and send us money to support us while we do x.  Eventually, we'll write a book about doing x and how we were able to support ourselves while we did it, and you can buy it!  Yay!

I have nothing to say about how to make money.  Lately,  I don't know that I have anything to say that's worth anyone's time to read.  It shocks me that others don't seem to share that same self-insight.   It shocks me even more that they get so much attention. 



Comments

Popular Posts