Day Six and My Book



Day six of no meat.  I'm trying to eat fewer non-processed-by-me foods as well.  This morning I ate an English Muffin I had made myself, and just now I made some hummus and ate some of it with a few tortilla chips.  High on my list is learning how to make tortillas and whole grain chips.

It may just be a coincidence but I have had more energy than usual this week and my legs have not been as shaky.  It's often difficult to distinguish cause from effect: am I eating better because I have more energy and feel a bit better, or do I have more and energy and feel bit better because I'm eating better?

Today, I opened the file that holds the book I had been writing before we moved here.  The last time the file had been opened was September, and even then I only briefly opened it and didn't have the energy or mental focus to do any more with it.  But today I'm thinking about the main argument, that public education does not have to be equivalent to the current practice of public schooling, and I'm motivated to do more.  I think something that will really help me will be printing out individual chunks of text and attaching them to note cards that I can hold and organize.  I'd been using Scrivener to organize my notes and the book itself.  It's a great program because it's a kind of virtual note card and cork board system that allows you to visually organize information.  But as visual as it is, I was having a very difficult time with organizing my ideas.  I have tons of material and many arguments already, what I need to do is organize them and see what's missing.  But I can't hold enough of it in my head to do that, and even Scrivener keeps things to hidden for me to be able to see how things hang together.  I'm thinking that cards I can hold and move and look back and forth between will make things easier.

S. and I went for a walk and got caught by surprise when a thunderstorm developed just to the northeast of us.  We had to speed-walk home.

There are many faces hidden in the stone.

Trying to beat the storm.
 




Comments

Popular Posts