New Camera


I've been busy for the last few days.  I spent a day in Santa Fe visiting my rheumatologist, and then driving to Albuquerque to pick up Mike.  The next day was filled with doctors' appointments for my mom and Mike. Then the next day was filled with a day of waiting for a visit from an appliance repairman who never showed, and a visit from our landlady.  In addition to our malfunctioning propane oven, our propane refrigerator is not working quite right. We've had a few days and nights where the house fills with the fumes of un-burned propane; the flame is burning orange instead of blue and we're not able to control the amount of gas that's being released. 

It has been very hot (which in combination with the propane in the house has been a really bummer, since we haven't been able to close up the house to keep out the heat of the day).  As usual, though, I'm loving New Mexico.  Even though the temperature hits one hundred degrees, with the lack of humidity, I can still breathe and my body feels good, though hot.  It's not at all like Maryland where I couldn't go outside the majority of the time in the summer due to the combination of heat and humidity.

The biggest news is that I've got a new camera (Sony Nex 5R) and I'm running around taking pictures of everything so that I can learn how to use it.  I've got a lot to learn but some of the pictures have been okay.  I'm frustrated that I don't yet have the control over it that I did over my old camera.  Hopefully it will come in time. 

Here are a few recent pictures with the new camera:




Comments

Popular Posts