Staying in Place

We're still here in French Lick.  Well, roughly French Lick.  I found out we're actually located in Dubois when I got a notice this morning saying that our shipment of fuses and multimeter will be delayed because we gave Amazon the wrong town and zip code.  We're here until Thursday anyway, waiting until the rain stops.

On a walk this morning we noticed a nose attached to a tree.  I wonder what the story behind that is.  The picture's fuzzy because the dog had plans other than standing in one place while I took photos. 





The rain brings out the little remaining color in the landscape, mostly muted shades of brown, grey, and green.  


There's an occasional pop of vibrant color from ferns or oak leaves. 


I'm hoping we don't get much more rain--it's beginning to run across the road down at the bottom of the hill from the house.  We might be stuck, the trailer doesn't have much clearance.  Which wouldn't be the end of the world, but I have no cell service, and I'm itching to have our first bona fide camping experience.  So far, it's been Walmarts and relatives' houses.  It has been wonderful to see Mike's family but we've had more than our fill of FOX News Television.  


Comments

Popular Posts