Walmarts in Arkansas and Texas

After the cold nights and days at Land Between the Lakes in Kentucky, we wanted to head south quickly.  We drove for a day and spent a night at a Walmart in Forrest City,  Arkansas.  It was another cold night and I felt compelled to buy warmer pajamas from the Walmart.   Warmer as in heavy velour.  Together with the pajamas, the dog, and the propane heater, I was warm enough to sleep.  Mike has been sleeping on the other bed.  While I miss having him in bed with me, in fact the trailer is so small that he's not much further from me sleeping there than he is when we're together on our king size mattress at home.

In the morning Mike took care of a bunch of tasks, including replacing his phone at a Verizon store that was conveniently located adjacent to the parking lot where we stayed, and changing out one of our headlight bulbs (with a new bulb he bought from an auto parts store that was right across the street).

Walmart in Forrest City, Arkansas.  Taken with my iphone.  I couldn't capture the hues properly.
We drove the next day and spent that night at a Walmart in Texarkana, Texas.  We've now spent the night in enough Walmart parking lots that they're starting to run together in my memory.  This one I remember because there was a massive rv parked by us that had twelve bicycles attached to it.  And there was a tractor trailer whose driver ran his engine all.night.long.  Yet I slept better than I had in awhile. Maybe it had a white noise effect.

In the morning, the clouds were interesting against a backdrop of bright blue, and the combination of clouds, sky, poles, wires, and lights caught my attention. 



Comments

Popular Posts