A touch of color

Recycled glass and yellow jade necklace


Continuing to photograph and post jewelry on Etsy.  I'll be really happy when this is done so I can get on to making more stuff.  I've seen tons of beads lately that I really, really want.  But I already have lots of beads.  Once I've finished posting inventory of already made things, I need to do a survey of the beads I have and see what I actually need. 

Tired today.  I finally went to town yesterday to do laundry.  It's a major production, almost an hour there and an hour back.  Then I slept for thirteen hours straight.  The sun is out, things are melting.  I went for a walk in short sleeve t-shirt with the dog.  More snow and freezing rain coming in tonight and tomorrow but this respite is happy-making.

Melting stock tank
One thing I've realized:  Unlike in New England where mud season comes once a year in the spring, mud season is year round here.  During the monsoon season, it's muddy every time it rains.  In the winter, there are intermittent thaws and the road turns into a deeply rutted slippery miasma. 

I wonder if I can make beads from the mud and fire them in the coals in our wood stove? 
Lovely, lovely mud.  Just don't try to drive through it or walk in it. 



 


Comments

Popular Posts