Tetilla Peak Flowers

On my walks around the Tetilla Peak campground in New Mexico, I've seen some familiar wildflowers (seen when we lived in the area a few years ago), and come across some new ones I've never seen before.

 
Here's one I recognized: Lavender Horsenettle, a member of the Nightshade family.  It used to come in all over our garden and has long roots that readily sprout new plants in the place of ones you pull.   The stems are covered with prickles.  Beautiful flowers, though.   Eventually, the plant forms seed pods that look like tiny tomatoes.  Definitely not good for eating, though.  


 This one is Scarlet Globemallow. 

This one is difficult for me to identify.  I think it's some kind of Popcorn Flower or Plagiobothrys.  The flowers are teeny.  These plants are scattered everywhere.  The dried seeds stick to lots of things and aren't very comfortable if you get them inside the top edges of your socks or in your sandals. 


 This one seems like it should be easy but there are many, many kinds of yellow daisy-looking flowers. 

Beeblossom

Not sure about this one. It was tiny. 

Lots of Yellow Sweetclover



New Mexico Thistle

Apache Plume
This one was new to me.  It has lovely, fuzzy, crimson streamers that appear in the bud area after the blossoms are spent.




Comments

Popular Posts