Gaudi and My Afternoon Walk

This afternoon, M. was going out to the Brewery and the Post Office so S. and I went along for a ride down to the bottom of our road, where it reaches the level of the river, and walked back up.  Every day I want to walk down to the river, but the walk down and back is generally too much for me, so this was a nice chance to be at the level of the river and also get in a walk. 

Siris went for a surprise dip in the water when he stepped off the bank, but he recovered quickly.   He wanted to run all around in the dried grassy area next to the river on his own, but I worried that the several days of warm weather we've had will bring the rattlesnakes out of hibernation.  He's now had the first vaccination against rattlesnakes, but he needs to go back for the second booster, and even then it just slows the process down, it doesn't stop it.  I don't know if he'll be able to smell a snake in time to avoid one.  The one time last summer we saw one and were within ten feet of it, he didn't seem to notice at all, which worries me.  I may have to go back to leashing him during the warm weather when we're off-road.

I took just a few pictures this afternoon.  Here are two looking down at the Rio Grande off the side of our private neighborhood road.
Rio Grande in Embudo, NM

Rio Grande in Embudo, NM
There are several points along the road where, on one or both sides, there are tall, eroded walls of sandstone that flowing water has carved into beautiful patterns that bring to mind Gaudi's architecture in the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Spain.   I saw it once and I'd love to go back to Spain just to spend time looking at the buildings he made. 











Comments

Popular Posts