Pictures, Mostly, and Seed Starting

Today, I've started my first flat of seeds.  The little peat sacks are currently soaking up some warm water, and then, once they've expanded, I'm going to plant some tomato and pepper seeds.

Yesterday, there were signs of spring all around; along the highway between Dixon and Espanola, fruit trees had broken into flower, the forsythia was blooming, and even some of the trees had tiny green leaves emerging.  It was a bad day health-wise and I didn't get pictures of any of those things, though I would have liked to.  The yellow of the forsythia against the background of grey sky was particularly striking.

The pictures below were taken yesterday, but of things much closer to home. 

Prickly Pear Cactus close up, out of focus

Garden, with garlic

Something bit this

Garden, with garlic emerging


Comments

Popular Posts